Sunescape products are formulated to provide a natural looking and feeling tan, and one that smells amazing. They contain added vitamins, antioxidants and oils to nourish skin, as well as anti-ageing, hydrating and firming ingredients to leave skin smooth and replenished.
The proprietary professional formula uses certified natural DHA, not tested on animals, and free from alcohol, parabens and petrochemicals.
The range extends beyond professional tanning solutions to a whole take-home retail range including Hydrating Self-Tanning Mousse, application and removal mitts, Hydrating Body Butter, Gradual Tan Extender, a DHA-free tanning range, exfoliating and hydrating skincare products, gift sets, and Triple Scented Soy Wax Candles.
It is very important to take care of your skin/tan before and after your spray tan, for maximum results. If all steps are not followed it may effect the development of the spray tan. Here are some great tips to help get the best tan possible. This will tell you how to prepare for your tan as well as maintaining it! Remember the spray tan solution is not a sun screen. It is important to apply sunscreen over the spray tan when in the sun for long periods of time!
- Exfoliate skin at least 8 hours before your sunless session to smooth skin for even tanning results. Spend a little extra time on knees, elbows, feet, and hands.
- Shave at least 6 hours before your sunless tanning session. We always suggest shaving with soap and water only — no shaving cream, as shaving creams contain lanolin (an oil) that acts as a barrier between the tanning solution and the skin.
- Any waxing should be done 1-2 days prior to your sunless tanning.
- If skin is dry apply a light water based lotion lightly and evenly to skin at least 2 hours prior to your sunless tan.
- Do not apply oils at any time prior to or after your sunless tan.
- Remove make-up prior to your sunless tanning application for best results.
- After your sunless tan wear dark loose fitting clothing.
- Do not wear wool, nylon, or silk during or after your sunless application and for at least 8 hours as DHA may react with these fabrics and cause staining.
- Wait at least 2 to 6 hours after application before you shower. This will allow time for the self-tanning reaction to occur on the skin.
- Don’t worry if you see colour wash off from your first shower, this is normal. What you see washing off is the immediate cosmetic bronzer and what is left behind is a beautiful sunless tan.
- Do not apply moisturiser until after your first shower, for this could affect the immediate reaction of the sunless solution on the skin and cause streaking.
- Do not exercise until after your first shower.
- Moisturise daily, especially after bathing, to maintain your sunless tan. For best results use a water based moisturiser. Don’t use oil based moisturisers, they can cause blotchy areas.
- Do not exfoliate skin for at least 48 hours after your sunless tanning application. When you do exfoliate, do so gently and evenly to preserve an even sunless tan.
For the best results, we recommend skin to be thoroughly exfoliated prior to spraying. Exfoliating helps to remove any dead skin cells and enables the skin to absorb the tanning solution more effectively and evenly. We recommend using Sunescape Exfoliating Body Polish to help exfoliate your skin and using the Sunescape Hydrating Shower Gel to clean and prepare the skin.
Hair removal should be done a minimum 24 hours prior to spray tanning. For waxing, we would even recommend 48 hours prior so that the skin has had plenty of time to calm and minimise any possible irritation. Waxing should never be done straight after a spray tan as this will remove the tan.
If possible, please do not wear any deodorant, perfume or moisturiser before your spray tan. If you have applied deodorant in the morning, ensure that it is removed at the salon prior to your spray. The spray tan reacts with the deodorant and perfume and will cause a green tinge to the skin, which will also result in the tan not adhering and developing in that area. Please also ensure that you have not applied any moisturiser directly before a spray tan as the tan will not adhere to the skin very well.
It is best to wear loose dark clothing on the day, for comfort when departing and to avoid staining clothes. If possible, it is better to not wear a bra after your tan. We also recommend slip on shoes. Any tight clothing after a spray tan e.g. clothes/ socks/ bras etc will wipe the tan straight off and result in that patch of skin staying white.
A disposable g-string should be offered, or if you would prefer we recommend dark underwear to be worn.
Remove contact lenses and all jewelry prior to tanning, and don’t forget to have your hair tied up off your shoulders. We also recommend that no makeup is worn on the day, however this is not necessary if you do not wish to tan your face.
Results may vary with different skin types and depending on the post care of your tan. However most tans will last between 7-10 days, some lasting for 2 weeks.
To prolong the life of the tan, we advise all Sunescape tanners to:
Avoid long hot showers and baths in the coming week
Avoid prolonged swimming in chlorine/saltwater pools and spas
Avoid excessive exercise and sweating. This can cause the tan to fade faster
Avoid the use of soap or body wash products that contain the ingredient Sodium Laurel Sulphate. We recommend using the Sunescape Hydrating Shower Gel
Moisturise skin morning and night using Sunescape’s Hydrating Body Butter or Gradual Tan Extender, to help extend the life of your tan
Our tans are Rapid 2hr tans meaning that you can shower after only 2 hours. Following your shower, the tan will continue to develop for a further 6-8 hrs. Don’t panic if you feel that your colour isn’t dark enough, the tan will continue to develop and will not have reached its full colour until the next day. If you wish, you can leave the tan on for a little longer, this will not create any problems if you wish to leave it on longer.
Sunescape promises to provide you with the best, most natural-looking spray tan possible – one that feels as good as it looks! Our formulas are FREE from alcohol, parabens and petrochemicals. Sunescape also uses less bronzing accelerants that can sometimes cause your tan to develop with an orange tinge. The range is enriched with nourishing ingredients such as hydrating coconut, macadamia and avocado oils which ensures your tan doesn’t dry out your skin, is long lasting and fades evenly. And best of all, the yummy coconut scent will make you feel like you have been lazing on the beach in Maui.
Sunescape have developed an easy to use Self-Tanning range, including an Instant Self-Tan Mousse, Instant Wash Off Mousse, Illuminating Body Tint and a Gradual Tan Extender which ensures quick easy application in the convenience of your own home in your own time, without the mess! We also have tanning mitts available to ensure you don’t end up with dreaded brown stained hands and will give you an even finish with no streaks!
Yes! Just remember the tanning solution does not contain any SPF sun protection, so ensure that an approved SPF is worn prior to sun exposure.
DHA and erythrulose won’t harm your baby if you use them as a mousse, cream or wipe. When rubbed onto your skin, DHA doesn’t go beyond the top cell layer. This means they aren’t absorbed into your system. As your skin is constantly renewing itself, the fake tan fades as the skins cells are shed. However, if you use a fake tan spray or a spray-tanning booth, then you may inhale some of the DHA or erythrulose. Therefore, we always recommend our clients to wear a mask and if pregnant, we would recommend you to speak to your doctor first, or use our Instant-Self Tan Mousse, Gradual Tan Extender. We also have a DHA free range of wash off tanning solutions.
For best results and to avoid smoking, trim wicks regularly, ensuring they are no longer than 5mm and centred at all times. Place candle on heat resistant surface and free from drafts and burn for a minimum of two hours at a time or at least until wax has melted to edge of glass.
To avoid breakage, discontinue use when candle has 10mm – 12mm of wax remaining.
Warning: Glass may become hot. Never leave a burning candle unattended and always keep away from children, pets and flammable items.